Eligibility & Awards Available
Applicants must be national AWRA members. At least one $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to a full-time undergraduate student working toward his/her first undergraduate degree and enrolled in a program related to water resources for the 2018-2019 academic year. At least one $2,000 scholarship will also be awarded to a full-time graduate student enrolled in a program relating to water resources for the 2018-2019 academic year.*
The undergraduate scholarship will be awarded to the student most qualified by academic performance. Measures of academic performance include the cumulative grade point average, relevance of the student's curriculum to water resources, and leadership in extracurricular activities related to water resources. The graduate scholarship will be awarded to the student most qualified by academic and/or research performance. The measures of academic performance are identical to those of the undergraduate scholarship with the addition of the quality of the student's research and its relevance to water resources. Recipients will be selected by the AWRA Student Activities Committee and announced during summer 2018.
A complete application packet contains:
Applications are due April 23, 2018 (Application period is NOW CLOSED).
- Title page that includes the applicant's full name, permanent mailing address, email address, phone number where he or she may be easily reached, and the type of scholarship (undergraduate or graduate).
- Two-page summary (approx. 500 words) of his/her academic interests and achievements, extracurricular interests, and career goals as they relate to the above selection criteria.
- Resume or curriculum vitae.
- Three signed letters of reference from professors and/or advisors. Letters of reference MUST include the signatures of the referee - PDFs of the signed letters work best.
- Transcripts of all college courses (undergraduate and graduate). Legible copies of "Issued to Student" transcripts are acceptable to save on fees but unofficial grade reports (such as those students can access from their online student accounts at the university) are unacceptable. Application packets that include unofficial grade reports will not be considered.
Application packets should be submitted electronically to email@example.com
and limited to 5mb in size to ensure delivery. All applications must be submitted in their entirety. (Letters of reference may be submitted separately if necessary, however we recommend including with your application where possible to ensure completeness). AWRA will provide an acknowledgement of receipt of your application but will not provide updates to your application status or request missing information. Please make sure your application is complete when it is submitted. We look forward to hearing from you.
* The AWRA Board of Directors may, at its sole discretion, approve additional scholarship awards, based upon the performance of the Memorial Fund.